Saturday, November 08, 2008

The Church of the One God

I had a compiler crash the other day, nothing I can't work around and hopefully a new computer will fix it. But to try to discern the cause of the problem, I made another part of Darincedon in another file.

And I do think there is a problem. The compiler took 45 minutes to do this scene and while compiling, it took 90% or more of the CPU usage. I somehow don't think that is normal. Something this size should, if my memory from messing around with A5 serves me right, should only take a minute or two.

Well, I can still work with long compile times. I'll compile while I'm in class or something.

Anyways, here is the church as of today, unfinished and not quite ready to be placed into the city:



This is a shot from the editor, you can see the whole thing.



This is the front of the church. It is a two steeple church, you will be able to climb up the steeples. There is also a small graveyard to the side.



The graveyard and holes for what will be stained glass windows.



Here you can see an error in the texture I need to fix.



The interior. The pews I think I'll replace with models, which will allow for a bit more detail and will lessen the compile by a bit. The lighting is done by candles which I have yet to create. I might make the lightrange bigger.



The graveyard. I'll be adding two new headstones later, probably tomorrow.



The entrance. I'm going to do something different with the doors.

while(thisCodeDoesntWork)
{
smashComputer(); //take out some pent out anger
throwDartsAtBoss(); //take out more anger
sleep(6*60*60); //sleep six hours
}

No comments: